Sagatu Asociados Comercial Hotelera, S.L with fiscal ID number B3751853 and business address at C/ Comte de Urgell, 240, Ático, C.P. 08036, Barcelona (hereinafter, SERCOTEL).
Contact email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Category of data that is collected
Depending on the services provided, SERCOTEL may process the following categories of data:
- Personal data (such as, date of birth or nationality);
- Identification data (such as, name and surname (s));
- Contact details (such as, postal address, mobile telephone number, or email address);
- Data contained on a form of identification (such as, ID Card, passport or driver licence);
- Data relating to your children (such as, name, date of birth or age);
- Card data, required for payment of the booking or to guarantee the same as well as to pay for the stay or the services related to;
- Data corresponding to the SercotelRewards loyalty program and information related to your activity within the program.
- User identification codes or passwords;
- Your arrival and departure dates;
- Data relating to your preferences and interests (such as, smoking or non-smoking rooms, preferred floor, type of bedding, food and beverage preferences, etc.);
- Surveys during or following your stay at any of the Sercotel hotels;
- Technical and location data you generate as a result of using our websites and/or application (s).
In order to meet your requirements or provide you with a specific service (such as dietary requirements), we may have to collect sensitive information, such as information concerning race, ethnicity, political opinions, religious and philosophical beliefs, union membership, or details of health or sexual orientation. In this case, we will only process this data if you provide your express prior consent.
Purposes and processing
SERCOTEL shall process your data for the following purposes:
- To manage the provision of the contracted service, as well as any additional services during your stay.
The collection and processing of your personal data via the registration form so as to facilitate the management of its commercial, accounting and administrative relationships with you in all matters relating to the services and accommodation at its hotels. This processing shall be carried out upon the basis of the execution of the pre-contractual relationship you have with us.
- To work for promotional and marketing purposes, including the sending of electronic commercial correspondence regarding all the products and services on offer, as well as those related to the hotel sector (trips, gastronomy, leisure, etc.), upon the basis of the prior consent granted for the sending of correspondence. To carry out the foregoing task, SERCOTEL may analyse the data obtained in order to create user profiles that allow a more detailed definition of the products that may be of interest. In the event that the User wishes to stop receiving commercial or promotional communications from SERCOTEL, he/she may request cancellation of the service by sending an email to the following email address: email@example.com, as well as indicating their wish not to receive them through the withdrawal option provided in each of the commercial communications sent.
- To deal with any requests, queries, complaints and/or claims made by the user via the contact email address provided, upon the basis of the consent granted upon sending the request, query, complaint and/or claim.
- To substantiate the procurement, to carry out analyses for the automation of procedures with the aim of improving the quality of the technical and commercial services, to verify the customers’ or users’ satisfaction by recording their voices and, as appropriate, to transcribe the service provided via the channels set up for the purpose.
- To contact the medical-healthcare services if requested or required to do so.
- To conduct satisfaction surveys. The legitimate basis shall be the user’s consent.
- To process registrations for the Sercotel Rewards programme and to send any potential correspondence. This processing shall be carried out upon the basis of the execution of the pre-contractual relationship you have with us.
- The purpose of collecting or spontaneously sending your CV is to enable our Human Resources department to study the applications and proceed with the selection of personnel with the ideal profile for joining the company, upon the basis of the pre-contractual relationship to which the data subject/candidate is a party and the consent granted.
Your data shall be retained for the period required to fulfil each purpose or the period of time derived from the prescription of legal actions related to this usage, or, until you exercise your right of deletion and objection, or revoke your consent.
Your data may be disclosed to:
- Companies of the Sercotel Business Group, for the provision of the services indicated above.
- Data processors providing services to SERCOTEL or to any company of its group of companies, with whom an agreement guarantying the fulfilment of the RGPD and security measures has been entered into.
- The companies of the Sercotel Business Group that manage and operate the hotels. However, not all of the hotels will have access to or deal with your personal data, only the specific hotel that you have booked and/or that you stay in.
Security forces, according to applicable law.
Hotels under Sercotel Brand are not all owned, managed or directly operated by SERCOTEL neither by any of the companies of its group of companies, being operated under a franchise or management agreement. This is why, when you stay in one of these hotels, your personal data will be dealt with by SERCOTEL and the hotel, both acting as Data Controllers for their own, separate, purposes. In such sense:
- SERCOTEL will process your data because it manages a central booking engine, which allows SERCOTEL to collect the data necessary to organise your stay in hotels under Sercotel Brand and to communicate this data to the concerned hotels.
- Each hotel will process your data to manage its contractual relationship with you (invoicing, payment, booking management etc.), to perform marketing activities and to comply with its legal obligations.
Likewise, in the case of making a reservation with a franchised hotel, the property of the establishment will be responsible for the processing of your data, while SERCOTEL will obtain and communicate to the property the data of the reservation that you make through the website.
The recipients indicated in this section may be located inside or outside the European Economic Area, being in the latter case international data transfers duly legitimized.
You may exercise your rights to access, rectification, erasure, objection and portability and the restriction of the processing as set out in GDPR (EU) 2016/679 at any time by writing to the address indicated above or sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The request must specify which of the above rights you wish to exercise and it must be accompanied by a photocopy of your ID card or an equivalent identification document.
Likewise, you may object or revoke your consent via the channel of contact indicated at the beginning of this document.
If you are not satisfied with the exercise of your rights or the way in which you have exercised them, you may submit a claim to the Spanish Data Protection Agency. You can obtain further information at www.agpd.es.
The personal data collected from customers by SERCOTEL shall be treated confidentially, in accordance with the provisions of the current legislation.
Translation into other languages
All the information and documentation available in the different versions of this website are provided solely for information purposes. In the event of any discrepancy between the content of the versions in other languages and that of the original Spanish version, the latter shall prevail.
In the event that our data protection policy undergoes any modifications as a result of changes in the legislation or the criteria issued by the Data Protection Agency, you shall be duly informed of any variation that may have to be introduced to comply with the law.
Last update: October 31st, 2023.